Umar Bin Khattab
Umar ibn al-Khattab (RA) was given the title of al-Farooq which meant “the one who distinguishes between right and wrong”. His actions spoke well about his character, his integrity and his love for the poor. He used to patrol the streets at night under guise so that he could be aware of the actual situation and hardships of the people.
10 Quotes by Umar ibn al-Khattab (RA)
Umar ibn al-Khattab (RA) always had a sound opinion which made him a very powerful leader and a human being par excellence. There is much wisdom that we can learn from his life and manners. In this post, we take a look at ten amazing and wise quotes by Umar ibn al-Khattab (RA).
1. Don’t forget your own self while preaching to others.
2. Patience is a pillar of Faith.
3. Luxury does not last forever.
4. No amount of guilt can change the past, and no amount of worrying can change the future.
5. The best way to defeat someone is to beat him at politeness.
6. Whosoever shows you your faults is your friend. Those that pay you lip service in praise are your executioners.
7. Let not your love become attachment nor your hate become destruction.
8. Do not grieve over what has passed unless it makes you work harder for what is about to come.
9. The less attachment to the world, the easier your life.
10. Be dignified, honest and truthful.